- Queer youth sex workers remain at risk (2013, Toronto): Former client revives Street Outreach Services...
With the help of Covenant House, a downtown shelter, and then SOS, he stayed clean for five years.
- Survival sex work and increased HIV risk among sexual minority street-involved youth (2010): Sexual minority street youth are not only more likely to engage in survival sex work but also demonstrate elevated HIV risk behavior.
Joseph Itiel's Weblog (2009): In my first book about sex work (A Consumers Guide to Male Hustlers,) I wrote at length about the differences between male and female prostitutes.
My editor thought that this part was superfluous and wanted me to delete it.
- Male sex workers' support program stronger than ever (2012): When Matthew Taylor founded HUSTLE: Men on the Move in Vancouver in 2007, it was one of the few outreach organizations in Canada to work specifically with men in the sex industry, providing peer support, safer-sex materials, nutrition, harm reduction and needle exchanges to street-level sex workers and street-involved youth. There are still only a handful of male-specific support services that exist across the country.
So in the winter of 2010, when government funding issues threatened to close HUSTLEs parent agency, PEERS Vancouver, Taylor began looking to other options.
I refused, because the difference between male and female adult sex workers is between free male independent contractors and enslaved women.
I have never encountered a pimp for male sex workers anywhere in the world.
- - Couples / Families / Children / Adoption / Spousal Violence - - The Elderly - - Race/Ethnic Minority Issues: U.
S., Canada, Europe, New Zealand & Australia - - Latin America / Africa - - Middle East / Asia Contents of Part 1 (this page): Male Prostitution Information for - North America - Latin America & the Caribbean - Europe - North Africa & The Middle East - Australia / New Zealand / Pacific Islands - Asia - Africa.
The hustlers of old stood on specific street corners waiting for johns.
Often, they did car dates - hopping into cars whose drivers slowed down to let them in.
- Journey into the Heart of Transgender Prostitution in the Bronx (2010).